Sunday, July 17, 2011

Classic 1940's/50's Pinup Girl Look

Lately I've been so inspired by the 1940's and 50's - everything from the music to the fashion to that classic pinup girl look!  Dita Von Teese is famous for bringing this look back - she has that classic pin up look with her raven black hair and signature red lipstick!


I decided that I wanted to play around with this look and create my own version of the pinup girl look.  I'm not a huge liquid liner girl, so I decided to do more of a smokey eye, but I couldn't resist playing around with red lipstick - its the most feminine, sexy colour out there - I love it!!!  Here is my pin up girl look:



I created this retro 1040s/50's classic pinup girl makeup look for my friends wedding.  The inspiration came when I picked my dress, which was an off-white with a black print, but the style of the dress was very 1950's inspired classic - I started with my basic face - concealer and tinted moisturizer.  I used Angelika blush by NARS and on the lips I used Cherry lipliner (MAC) with Moulin Rouge lipstick by Makeup for Ever.  For my eyes, I used aspen summit as a base and used a taupe shadow called concrete from the lid into the crease.  I then used aspen summit again on the lip.  I used phone number eyeliner by MAC and smudged contrast eyeshadow into the upper lash line.  I finished the look with black mascara!

No comments: