Monday, July 4, 2011

Coral Me Crazy

Call me crazy, but I'm really starting to fall back in love with Coral shades.  I know I've blogged a lot lately about the Soft Summer shades, but I keep coming back to coral!!!  I figure, with the warmer weather and with my re-newed outlook on being good to myself - now is the time to be bold and beautiful!!!  Here is a look I created that I consider bright and cheery, but not over-the top loud coral.  I'm finding that you need to find the right coral for you.  MAC makes 2 fantastic shades - Vegas Volt and Lady Danger - these are your bold, amazingly vivid corals - I love them, but I still want to stay true to my 'soft' shades.  An in-between shade is 'Kiss Me Coral' by Revlon - for the look I created in this post, I used this shade, but blotted it on and dabbed it with my finger to get a sheerer version of the colour.  Right now I'm loving Niagara by NARS and MAC's See Sheer - In my opinion, there are the two most wearable coral shades for everyday - you can also play around with various liners to get the perfect coral shade for you - its all about HAVING FUN, so find your coral and have a BLAST!!!


For the eyes I used Navajo shadow as a base and Heather Mauve on the lid into the crease (Bobbi Brown shades). I then lined my eyes with Blooz eyeliner (MAC - I think this is becoming my favourite eyeliner shade for summer) and blended 'Mahogany' shadow by BB into the upper lash line (I 'always' like to give my liner that smokey effect on the upper lashline, harsh or precise lines don't look the best on me, for some reason they make my eyes look very small, while blending and giving a smokey effect, makes them POP). My blush - Amour by NARS (I'm addicted to this colour for summer) and Kiss me Coral by Revlon on my lips!!!

No comments: