Thursday, July 21, 2011

Purple and Fuchsia and Pink - Oh My!!!

My most recent makeup purchases have been in the purple and fuchsia colour family.  Sephora is amazing at being able to exchange products and I was able to bring back some of my recent purchases that weren't working for me in favour of some cooler, more funky shades.  I decided to play around with another cool winter look, this time using the purple shades on my eyes vs the grey's.  I used Daphne eyeshadow by NARS and Kat Von D's eyeliner in 'Homie' (which has a built in smudger and pencil sharpener - how cool is that?). 


I used my usual aspen summit as a base, Daphne on the lid into the crease and then used Bobbi Brown's lavender shadow on the lid.  I lined my eyes with Homie and then used Daphne to smudge into the upper lash line.  I used Make Up For Ever's blush in #89 and went for an uber bright and cool lip - Magenta lipliner (MAC) with Schiap lipstick by NARS. 


I think this is such a great look!!!  I've been thinking about what to do with my haircolour for the fall - the sun has made it slightly brassy and I can't wait to add some depth and colour.  I miss my dark hair and I'm actually thinking of adding a purple-blue undertone to a really dark brunette base!!!  Any other hair colour suggestions that you'd like to see me in???  I'd love to hear your feedback!

No comments: