Saturday, August 6, 2011

Evening Look

I'm always on the search for a perfect evening look - I love 'taking it up a notch' from day, wearing shades a tone or two deeper, going a little bit more dramatic with eyeshadow shades and going for a deeper lip.  I think Catherine Zeta Jones always did such a great job at creating this type of look - she always seemed to have the perfect balance of a smokey eye with a deep lip:



I wanted to try and create my own evening look with elegant eyemakeup and a deeper lip.  Its easy to get carried away in the process of applying your makeup - overdoing the eyes just a tad too much or going too dark on the lips.  I personally really like this look that I created.  Its perfect for that glam evening out - I'm not wearing any earings or accessories in this photo, but with the right diamond studs, pendant and little black dress, this is the 'perfect' makeup:


For this look I started with my usual base - corrector/concealer by Bobbi brown and HD Foundation in #125 by Make Up For Ever.  I then applied DolceVita blush by NARS.  For the lips I used Burgundy lipliner (MAC) with Baroque lipstick (Chanel). For a dramatic eye, I started with Aspen Summit shadow as a base and the applied Ashes to ashes eyeshadow (NARS) from the lid into crease.  I lined my eyes with smolder eyeliner (MAC) and used Night Breed by NARS which I smudged into the upper lash line.


Having a 'go to' evening look is important because its always nice to go a little bit more dramatic and use deeper shades at night.  It gives off that vixen-seductress allure!  What are some of your favourite evening looks?  I'd love to hear from you!

No comments: