Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Ahhh That Hot CUBAN Sun!!!




Canadians love going to Cuba - its a relatively short flight (3 hours from the Toronto airport) and the beaches there are simply amazing! I visited Cuba for the first time just a week ago and had an amazing time and experience - the people working at the resort were friendly, the food was good, the beach - oh the beach - how I miss you so!!!  My mom and I decided to take a mother/daughter trip and I'm so glad that we did - we stayed at the Melia Cayo Coco on the island of Cayo Coco in Cuba.  The resort is for adults 18 or older and it was only 15 minutes from the Cayo Coco airport.  Melia has 'sister' resorts (owned by the same company) that does allow children and families - there is the Melia Galermo and Tryp Caco Coco.  I know some people who have stayed at the Tryp resort and 'Loved' it!  I wanted to share a few pics from my trip - Enjoy:

Just lounging by the beach!

The Ocean in Cayo Coco was incredible - the water was warm and crisp, so refreshing and that aqua/turqouise colour just melts all your stresses away!!!

Inside the resort - how cool is this car???

This was the walk-way to the beach - I really liked the fact that you could walk from the resort to the beach!


The pool was awesome as well - there were a ton of taning chairs and cabana's around the pool, so getting a spot was never a problem (the same with the beach - there was always enough chairs, even if you got to the beach late)!

Everyday they offered water aerobics either by the pool or by the beach - it was a lot of fun - they also had dance lessons, volleyball in the pool and nightly shows - They were supposed to have yoga as well, but the instructor was on vacation himself the week we came so I missed out on that - oh well, the beach and swimming in the ocean made up for it!


One of the Cabana's by the pool - We usually spent the whole day at the beach and then headed to the pool around 5pm just before heading back to the room to get ready for dinner!

I have to say that Cuba was fantastic and I would go back in a heart-beat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Those pictures look so amazing :). Glad you and your mom had a great time.