Sunday, May 13, 2012

MAC Fast-Play Lipstick

I remember a long time ago wearing MAC's lipstick 'Twig', but always finding that this shade turned a little grey on my lips.  I started to hear similar reviews from other people, so I abandoned my search for the ultimate natural pink-brown shade.  Well, recently I came across 'Fast-Play' and it is everything I wanted Twig to be - a stunning your lips but better shade, the ultimate pinky-brown shade that is neither too dark or too brown.  It is such a beautiful colour for that everyday, classic look.  This is also one of those 'swipe on and go' shades, no lip liner necessary - just swipe on and go about your business - every woman should have a 'swipe on and go' lipstick!!!


For this look, I wanted a soft and natural look - I started with my basic face (primer, tinted moisturizer, concealer, translusent powder).  I then used Tawny blush by bobbi brown as a blush contour and applied Laura Mercier's Violet Orchid blush.  I used a light pinkish-rose shade as a highlight.  For my eyes, I used a mix of shades from the Too Faced Naked Eye compact - I started with the lightest highlight shade as a base, then mixed the taupy shades to apply on the lid into the crease.  I lined  by eyes with MAC Blooz eyeliner and applied the grey shade in the Too Faced compact to the upper lashline and smudged.  I finished off with black mascara.  I then applied Fast Play lipstick by MAC. 

No comments: