Monday, May 9, 2016

The 'Dark Brunette' Returns

Although I enjoyed playing around with the copper-browns, reds and highlights, I was happy and ready to say 'good-bye' to those hair colour experiments.  I decided that I wanted to return to what feels natural and right - a dark brown shade.  I wanted a colour that matched my eye-brows and brought out my natural skin tone.  After I got my colour done, my hair stylist was amazed and how much my skin-tone literally transformed.  With the colour I had before, I looked very 'yellow'.  The dark brunette, brings out the neutral-rose glow that my skin naturally has. Even my makeup looked much better with the dark brunette vs the brassy copper-brown/highlights.  I look forward to embracing this shade long-term :)




It's always amazing to my how much hair colour can transform your look.  The wrong hair colour can weight you down and you literally 'feel' drained.  With this shade, I automatically felt uplifted, like a weight had been listed off my shoulders.  I felt immediately 'myself'.


My makeup in this pic: Chanel Angelique blush, Adrienne lipstick, a plum liner from rimmel and black mascara.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful change. You look good in both hair colours, lucky. I was so touched to read that u are a special needs teacher, because my toddler is special needs. He will be going to a special needs class this September diagnosed as autistic but it isnt a final diagnosis. They give it quickly just so he can access services as the government of Ontario has cut back from other services and pumped it all into autism! But who knows he might be, they said its too early to be final but I am just happy he can go to school now! By the way today i bought Clarins Rich Ginger lipstick from the Joli rouge line and it was just the sort of MLBB that u like! May wanna check it out. Long time reader, asma

Renata said...

Thank you so much Asma for writing. I really appreciate it! I will most definitely check out the Rich Ginger - I love the name already :) I wanted to say to you that yes I have taught students with special needs and must say that the school programs for students (particularly at the high school level where I used to work) are really wonderful for many students. Any early intervention is great and my advice would be to always communicate with the schools to see what additional resources/help is available. Sometimes you need to initiate conversations to get the info you need, but your child's school can be a great resource and area of support for both you and your son. I send you many blessings and remember to take the time to take care of 'you' - I can feel in your comment your genuine heart. Beautiful! In fact, that is 'true' beauty!!!

Anonymous said...

In viewing these new photographs and comparing them to the other recent photographs the difference with the dark brunette hair color and the former color is remarkable and immediate. You look wonderful. The hair color clears your skin and imparts a youthful radiance. Your eye color is vibrant. This is a very elegant look and it suits you beautifully.

Renata said...

Thank you so much!

Sue said...

Hmm...not sure. Seems to wash you out a bit. It's a little to dark and one dimensional.

Unknown said...

You look lovely - as ever. Your mercurial beauty is such an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your path

Renata said...

Thank you so very much Amy!!! :)

Anonymous said...

WOW. THIS HAIR COLOR SUITS YOU 100%. PERFECT hair color for you! <3 It makes your eyes vibrant too.

Renata said...

Thank you so much for the compliment! I am very happy to be a dark brunette again :)_