Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Classic Cranberry and Mauve Combination

One of my favourite combination of colours is anything in the purple and berry families.  I don't wear these shades as often as I'd like, but I truly do love them.  MAC Amorous lipstick is the perfect shade of deep cranberry.  It leans slightly more purple, but works really well with any purple, mauve or berry combination.  I decided to create a look using these shades:



I started with my basic concealer/foundation and then applied Quarry eyeshadow by MAC on the lid into the crease.  Quarry is a very muted soft mauve shade.  It works really well with the cooler and softer palette.  I then added definition by using Urban Decay Demolition eyeliner and smudging the upper lash line with MAC Copperplate eyeshadow.  For the blush, I went with Arbonne dusky rose.  The real pop of 'berry' comes in with MAC Amorous lipstick :)  I picked a scarf this morning that is in an interesting blend of deep cocoa-berry, purple, mauve and pink.  I think it really compliments the makeup look well.  What I like the most about this look is how versatile it is.  This could be a polished and professional work look or even an evening look.  Versatility is important for a look.  Berry and mauve shades will never steer your wrong - they are classic!

No comments: