Saturday, March 26, 2016

Smokey Taupe and Nude-Mauve

I have to admit that I've been playing around with the cooler tones lately and I really like the softer, cooler palette.  Now that spring is around the corner, it's time to consider putting the browns and orange shades away and wearing my soft summer colour palette.  This palette is full of beautiful nude pink/mauve, soft pink, taupe and berry shades.  I recently came across a lipstick in my NARS collection that I absolutely love - Catfight.  Catfight is described as a nude-mauve on the NARS website and it the perfect spring nude lipstick.  I wanted to pair this shade with a subtle smokey 'taupe' eye.  I love the combination of soft mauve and taupe.  It's so pretty and feminine:


For this looks, I started with loreal true match foundation and concealer in C4.  I then applied NARS Angelika blush (a perfect accompaniment to the Catfight lipstick).  For the eyes, I started with Sephora's Dark Taupe chubby-stick eyeliner on the upper lash line.  I then blended Urban Decay Mushroom eyeliner into the Dark Taupe and smudged these shades together.  I then applied the Mushroom liner to the lower lash line before finishing with black mascara.  The Catfight lipstick is the perfect nude for this smokey-taupe eye makeup look :)

No comments: