Sunday, March 20, 2016

Preppy Inspired Makeup Look

Lately I've been browsing through magazines and noticed that the makeup look I'm most drawn to is a very classic, preppy, Ralph Lauren type of look.  I wanted to try and re-create this look, so I put together a very classic plum-red lip with natural eye makeup and a plum toned blush.  I've noticed that the most natural looks are a blend of rose, plum, blush and sheer red lipstick tones, in combination with taupe, beige, tan and camel eyeshadows.  I think that Kate Middleton is the perfect example of this type of style and look.  Here is the look I created:



For this look I started with a neutral concealer and Arbonne pink-beige foundation.  I then combined the two shades in the Bobbi Brown blush duo 'Plum/French Pink'.  For the eyes, I used MAC Coquette eyeshadow on the lid and then used an angled blush to smudge in MAC Smut eyeshadow into the upper lash line.   I used a black mascara to finish off the natural yet classic eye look.  The defining feature of this look is the plum-red lip.  I combined MAC Soar lipliner (which I used to fill in the entire lip).  I then applied MAC Lady Bug over the Soar liner.  Voila - a chic, natural, yet classic 'Ralph Lauren/preppy chic' inspired look!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you mind sharing your choice of eyebrow pencil (or brush on, etc)? Thanx. BTW! this look is very pretty on u.

Renata said...

Thank you so much. For eyebrows what I often do is use the same angled brush that I use to smudge out the liner and apply this to the brows as well. However, there are some shades that i really love to use on the brows: MAC embark, brun and espresso are my faves!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank u very much