Saturday, November 12, 2011

Great Makeup Look for Red-Heads


I'm honestly so happy and giddy with my new hair-colour!  In fact, it may even be the BEST haircolour I've ever had.  I've been red before, but never this rich and stunning!  I absolutely love it and I think I'm going to stay a red-head!!!  I think that a warm-toned red-head looks very poised and elegant with spicy, golden shades like dark gold, spicy ginger, orange-browns, amber, dark honey, rust, warm golden-olive and terracotta shades.  These makeup colours create a 'harmony' with the warmth and spicy element of the hair colour.  I decided to stick with the gold and rust shades for this makeup look.  I think its the perfect 'everyday' look, very subtle, yet classic:

Face: W4 Concealer by Loreal, HD Foundation in #155, Refined Golden Bronzer (MAC) and MAC's Gold Deposit Face Powder is going on my wish list!!!

Cheeks/Blush Shades:  I used Pretty Your World's 'Hot and Spicy' blush and then added 'Goldfish' as a pop of colour (also a Pretty Your World blush shade):

(Pictured here left to right: Goldfish and Hot and Spicy from Lora Alexander's Pretty Your World collection.  Check out her website http://www.prettyyourworld.com/ for more details about how you can order her products).

Eyes:  I started with Silent Night shadow by NARS as a base.  I used MAC's woodwinked from lid to crease and then used Saddle eyeshadow in the crease/outer corners (also a MAC shadow).  I lined my eyes with Teddy (upper and lower lashline) and then smudged Romp (MAC) shadow into the upper lash-line.  I finished with a basic black mascara from Lancome (although I think I'm going to make the switch to Brown).

Lips:  I wanted the lips to be natural and have that really polished, elegant look, so I mixed Sandalwood Beige lipstick by Revlon with MAC's Strength lipstick - I really love this combination for day!



It feel really refreshing to fully embrace my True Autumn shades and 'going red' is like the icing on the cake!!!

No comments: