Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Taj Mahal Blush - NARS



I have walked by Taj Mahal blush 'endless' times wondering 'is this colour too orange?'.  I've always assumed it was slightly too bright and would look un-natural on me.  I always thought if it more as a warm spring shade.  However, a few days ago I was at the NARS counter at 'The Bay' and asked the makeup artist if I could take a little bit home to try as a sample - the makeup artist was more than happy to help me out.  As soon as I got home, I wanted to see if it was a True Autumn match and to my suprise, it 'was'!  I went back the next day and purchased the colour without hesitation.  I've been wearing it the past few days to work and have recieved a lot of compliments.  Lately, amber, copper and orange shades have been my inspiration for makeup.  Here is a look I created using Taj Mahal:




For this look I started with my basic face (W4 concealer by Loreal, HD Foundation #155 and Refined GOlden Bronzer by MAC).   I decided to balance out the shocking orange shades by going with warm olive/khaki shades on the eyes.  I started with Silent Night by NARS as a base, Make Up FOr Ever #47 shadow from lid to crease and MAC's Sumptuous Olive shadow on the lid.  I then used Uniform eyeliner by MAC and smudged Romp shadow into the upper lash line.  I used FACES #134 blush in a deep russet shade and then used Taj Mahal as a pop of colour.  For my lips I used Sienna lipliner by Revlon, Vita lipstick by FACES and then dabbed on Taj Mahal and blended it into the lipstick.  I have to say that I really, really love this makeup look.  Its one of my personal favourites right now.  I love the golden undertones of the blush and the combination of orange cheeks and lips with warm olive eyes are incredible.  I think I will be wearing this look often!

No comments: