Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Gold Deposit Mineralized Powder by MAC

I think that of all the makeup I own, this is quickly becoming one of my favourite products.  I love the fact that this blush has the feel and easy application of a mineralized powder, along with the most fantastic, deeply pigmented colour.  In the pan Gold Deposit looks like a dark bronzed gold mixed with a hint of copper.  On the face, it applies as a beautiful golden glow, more intense and 'golden' than a bronzer, but not overdone or too shiny/sparkly.  I decided to stay consistent with the gold theme and use gold based eyeshadows and a warm cheek and lip shade.




For this look I started with my basic face (W4 concealer by Loreal, HD Foundation #155) and then applied Gold Deposit all over my face.  I then used FACES #134 blush (a deep russet shade) and decided to compliment the rest of the look with 'golds' on my eyes (I stated with NARS Silent Night as a base, used MAC's Woodwinked from the lid into the crease, Amber Lights on the lid and then blended Romp into the crease/outer corners.  I lined my eyes with Teddy liner and then smudged NARS Galapagos into the upper lash liner before finishing with Brown-Black mascara).  I decided to give my lips some warmth combined with a wow factor red, so I used by trusted Chili with Auburn lipliner (MAC).

This is the perfect 'going out' look in my opinion - its warm, golden, but not over the top and its classic yet romantic all at the same time!!!

No comments: