Sunday, August 23, 2015

Light Lemon Yellow


I absolutely adore the shade of light lemon yellow.  It's such an elegant shade of yellow and it makes me happy just looking at it :)  Finding the right shade of yellow for yourself is like finding your best lipstick colour or discovering your best neutral.  Yellow is a colour that I used to shy away from because I didn't know quite how to wear it.  I liked the mustard shades, but something was always 'off' when I wore it.  Now that we are in the final summer stretch and most stores are already thinking 'fall/autumn' clothes, I can't help but want to embrace this shade of yellow as the perfect summer-ending shade.  I decided to keep my makeup fresh, but with a pop of rose-gold and warm pink.  I started with my basic concealer/tinted moisturizer and applied MAC Trace Gold to the cheeks.  I then swiped MAC Sable eyeshadow onto the lids, applied a few coats of mascara and used Ramblin Rose Lipstick (also MAC) - voila - fresh, pretty and 'Happy' :)























4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Light lemon yellow paired with neutral-coolish makeup suits very well to you - obviously a Soft Summer!

adrianne said...

I wish I could pull of the little to no makeup look as well as you do! I always love to read this blog, I may forget to check it for a couple months but I always come back to it. I think you are so pretty even without makeup, I wish I was one of those people.

Renata said...

Adrianne - what a lovely compliment, thank you so much. However, I'm sure that you 'glow' without makeup as well. It took me a very long time to feel comfortable wearing less makeup. I used to think that I looked 'weird' and unattractive with little to no makeup. It was my own self-doubt that created that illusion! Now, I feel very natural and confident wearing less and people compliment me more often!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree 110% that you are a soft summer!! Your true beauty shines through in the soft cool colors. Just gorgeous.