Thursday, August 13, 2015

NARS Catherine Lipstick

I just came back from spending a few days in Chicago!  Chicago is definitely one of my all time favourite cities - absolutely love the vibe, the people, the food!  I got quite a few style and beauty ideas and had a great conversation with a few makeup artists in SAKS!  One of the tips/tricks that I've decided to embrace is using a lighter liner on the bottom lash line and play around with a few looks that are less 'heavy' on the eyes.  I tend to do the smokey look a lot and often get requests to create a look that is less heavy handed!  I used NARS Rue Bonaparte eye liner on the inner tear ducts and lower lash line.  I 'very' lightly applied MAC teddy liner on the inner rim of the upper lash line, applied a silver shadow from my YSL eyeshadow quad and finished with some black mascara.  I decided that since my eyes were light and bright, that I would do a neutral blush with a pop of colour on the lip:


I used NARA Catherine lipstick and Madly blush - I thought it was a great combination, especially with the eye makeup look I created.  I've decided to play around with this look for a while and try different combinations of shades to brighten up the eye area vs always doing a heavy-smokey look!  I'd love to hear back about what you think - I know many of you have requested this type of look before, so I hope you enjoy it!!! :)

No comments: