Sunday, August 16, 2015

Polished Up Day

I wanted to try a makeup look that combined everything I felt looked 'polished' and 'chic' for day!  I wanted to try a natural/brightened up eye, a perfect 'day' red lip, natural bronzed skin and a subtle golden glow.  I started this look by combining all my favourite natural shades - for the eyes, I mixed various colours for the lid and brow shades - I used MAC soba and woodwinked for the lid shade, lined the upper lash line with MAC teddy liner and smudged the line with a blend of cork and espresso (I used this same combination for my brows).  To brighten the eye, I used my new favourite Rue Bonaparte liner by NARS in the inner tear ducts and lower rim of the lash line.  Since I already have a natural bronzed glow from the summer sun, I just used my tinted moisturizer and a sweep of Trace Gold blush by MAC on the cheeks.  For the lipstick, I went with Retro by MAC - the 'perfect' day red lip!!!  Here is the look:


The thing that I like the most about these shades is that they really are neutral, warm and classic - I feel I could wear this look with anything and feel polished and chic!  I was thinking a lot about what colour palette this falls into and really, I feel like its autumn-esque, but its so neutral that it could either be a soft or deep autumn - regardless of the 'season', I'm very happy with this look - no more playing around with this because its exactly what I want for my back to work look!!! :)

No comments: