Saturday, August 22, 2015

MAC Woodwinked and Kinda Sexy

There are plenty of pretty colour combinations for a natural-minimalistic look.  The trick, I think is to find some soft, elegant shades that really harmonize together.  I went for a muted gold and warm pink for this look - MAC Woodwinked on the eyes and Kinda Sexy Lipstick on the lips.  For my minimal look, I just used a little mascara and Blushbaby blush (also MAC) to finished up this look.


What I really like the most about this colour combination is that it's so natural that it literally blends into my squinting, but at the same time, it highlights with a subtle sheen.  I forgot to mention that I used NARS Rue Bonaparte eyeliner just in the inner tear ducts and rim of the lower lash line. I wanted to really open and brighten up the eye.  Woodwinked eyeshadow is the 'perfect' everyday eyeshadow - it's warm, yet at the same time leaning neutral, so it really goes with everything.  I think that for a more polished look and to slightly deepen the lips, I'd wear the MAC Boldly Bare liner!  The great thing about creating this look for everyday is that when you're ready to go out, the base of your makeup is complete and pretty, so anything goes from here!!! :)


No comments: