Friday, August 7, 2015

The Lime Scarf Experiment

I recently did a write up post about MAC's So Chaud - I ended up getting quite a few compliments about the scarf I was wearing in the photo and a request to create a lighter, warmer look.  I decided to do some colour experiments today and I settled on a look that I personally find very harmonious.  So much so, that I like it much more than the soft, neutral-cool colours that I just blogged about.  It's almost as if the colour universe Gods were saying 'wait, don't give up on warm, spring toned just yet' - lol.  All kidding aside, I decided that since So Chaud was a 'loud' orange, that I should try a lighter peach shade.  I picked NARS Barbarella!!!  I had almost forgotten how much I ADORE this colour and how well it works against my skin tone!  I wanted to keep the blush in the warm, clear tones as well, so I went with Stila Convertible blush in Coral.  For the eyes, I went with Cork eyeshadow by MAC in the crease and phone number eyeliner.  Although, next time I do this as a day look, I'm going to try a bronze/gold liner vs a grey shade.  Here is the look I created:




I never realized how well this palette would work until I draped myself in this lime green scarf.  I realized that even though I can pull off many colours, the fact that I can wear the light, warm, clear tones so well, probably indicates that I'm some sort of seasonal spring.  I'm definitely going to play around with this palette!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the color combination, but the scarf seems a little too bright for your coloring.