Thursday, February 2, 2012

Aristocratic Elegance

If there is one topic that I am truely intrigued about, its how to capture that aristrocratic, classic, elegant look.  There is something to be said about the advice 'simplicity is elegance'.  When I look at photos of some of the most elegant women, their look is so simple and polished, their makeup is natural and not overdone (i.e. think of a Ralph Lauren ad) and their accessories are delicate vs flashy and in-your face.  I often think of women like Brooke Shields, Audrey Hepburn, Jackie O etc.  One woman that I think is the most modern representation of this look is Charlotte Casiraghi, the pricess of Monaco.  Although she loves to dress up in trendy clothes and makeup, attend fashion shows and 'live it up', her look is always dignified, classy and put together!


I believe this photo for taken for a spread in Vouge - I love Charlotte's crisp white shirt, minimal accessories and pretty, yet simple makeup look.  This is probably one of my favourite looks - classic, soft, simple and oozing with aristocratic charm!



Charlotte Casiraghi has that European Charm that is so 'je ne sais quoi' - perhaps, its her lifestyle in Monaco or the fact that she is the grand-daughter of Grace Kelly, whichever it is, she definitely presents herself as graceful and charismatic.  I really like how the plunging neckline of her top is sensual, yet classy, you don't get that 'cleavage in your face' look, its more of a delicate way of expressing her femininity!  I also adore her makeup in this photo - I love when lipstick is not too dark or bright - its the perfect natural colour (the 'your lips but better' look).  Her eyes have that subtle smokey look, not overdone, just perfectly balanced!



This is another look that I adore and find so elegant and simple - the scarf, crisp white shirt and blazer look so polished, yet modern.  Charlotte has a way of looking classic without being frumpy of looking too old for her age - she takes the essential classic wardrobe peices and has them tailored to suit her - the result is that she looks soft and elegant.  Charlotte also seems to know how to wear her makeup so that its not overdone - the colours she wears suit her so well (again - there is something to be said about knowing what colours suit you the best).  I also really like how Charlotte finished off the look with her hair off her face - she looks young, modern, elegant - I am so inspired by this look!!!



Charlotte Casiraghi also has that modern, trendy edge, but even with the smoldering smokey eyes in this Vouge-Paris cover, she still retains that aristocratic je ne sais quoi - she knows how to balance out modern trends with sophisticated presentation.  I've been paying attention to her evening, going out looks and she really knows how to pair fashionable trendy clothes with a classic red lip or choose an evening gown that is flowing with femininity and class.  I really beleive that Charlotte is the most modern representation of grace and class (I think her grandmother would be proud and I honestly believe that she has retained her grandmothers sense of elegance and charm!)



Regardless of how rich you are, what standing you have in society, where you live etc etc - living with aristocratic elegance is attainable for everyone.  Its about choosing classic, simple looks, going for the natural yet complimentary makeup colours of your palette, choosing accessories that are delicate and simple, going for the 'essential' classic staples like scarves, a crisp shirt, a well tailored blazer.  The only thing that an aristocratic look requires is a little thought and a choice to look classic and present an air of elegance.  It means choosing to be well mannered, choosing to present your best self, choosing to know what works and doesn't look.  Its not about being mean, acting 'rich' or buying a trendy peice of clothing to 'fit in' - its about finding your 'inner' aristocrat and then displaying that inner grace to the world!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful work! This is the type of info that are meant to be shared around the internet. Disgrace on the {seek engines|Google} for no longer positioning this put up upper! Come on over and talk over with my site . Thanks =)
Rainshow'r KDF Shower Filter With Massage Shower Head

Anonymous said...

I lοve what you guys tеnd to be up too.
This kіnd of clever work аnd exposure!
Κeeρ up thе excellent works guyѕ ӏ've incorporated you guys to our blogroll.

http://canadianimmigrant.ca/members/i80equipment/profile/
My site ... bucket truck Sales

Anonymous said...

Мy brothеr геcommended I may
like this web site. He was totally right. This submit truly
made my daу. You cаn not imagine simply how much time I had spent for this information!
Thanks!

http://Јοdistаebler.Liѵеjournal.

com/627.html
Feel free to surf my website :: bucket truck for sale

Renata said...

Awesome - thanks so much for writing! I'd so glad that you liked the post - I will definetly check out your website - thanks for the link! Happy New Year!!!