Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Time To Get a Little 'Siss-y'

Every woman needs a 'mixing' lipstick - a shade that you can mix into various lipliners and lipsticks to either lighten or darken a colour.  For me, this colour is Siss lipstick by MAC - its described as a 'muted golden beige' and fits this description perfectly - its a nude based beige with golden/yellow understones 'there is nothing pink or peach' about this shade.  Upon first glance it actually seems quite borning and un-natural, but the warmth that is carries and the colour description is 'ideal' for anyone going for that 'autumnal' glow:


For everyday, I like to blend 'Siss' into Chicory lipliner - it creates the most 'gorgeous' natural brandy/warm apricot shade.  For this look I used MAC's Saddle on the lid into the crease with Laura Mercier's Brown Copper liner and smudged PYW 'hot and spicy' blush into the upper lashline.  I then used NARS silent night as a highlight and PYW hot and spicy as a contour before adding MAC's Gold Deposit as a blush shade.  I lined and filled in my entire lip with Chicory before adding Siss Lipstick - I absolutely LOVE this for everyday:




Having a lipstick 'mixing' shade is a good idea to have on hand - sometimes you're able to save an impulse buy this way or simply tone down an evening shade for day!!!

No comments: