Thursday, February 9, 2012

MAC - Ravishing Lipstick

Ravishing is described as a peach-coral shade on the MAC website.  Today I wanted to create a very warm 'peach/apricot' that was still soft and pretty - I decided to layer ravishing on top of my favourite natural lipliner these days 'Bronzelle' by Lancome - I found this created the perfect 'your lips but better' effect.  For the look I created today I tried to find complimentary shades and work with elements of soft golds and browns:





For this look I started with my basic face - primer, foundation, concealer, bronzer - I then used Pretty your World 'Hot and Spicy' as a contour shade and mixed Navajo and make up for ever #70 (a apricot shade) to create a peach toned highlight.  I used MAC's new mineralize blush in Fresh Honey (my current favourite) and then used warm brown/bronze shades on my eyes: Soba eyeshadow with Smashbox's flamingo on the lid, Teddy liner by MAC smudged with NARS Bengali.  Finally, to create that soft salmon/peach shade, I used Bronzelle liner by Lancome with MAC's Ravishing!  I also wanted to play up these soft shades with a soft caramel toned sweater - I love this look - check it out:




5 comments:

Kathryn said...

Just beautiful! I love this!

Anonymous said...

YES, these colors look grat on you!

Anonymous said...

Yes, you look great in these colors!

Dana C said...

You look so good in ravishing lipstick! Peach tones on your lips are amazing

Renata said...

Thank you so much Dana!!! Ravishing is such an awesome warm peach - really appreciate the compliment! :)