Thursday, February 9, 2012

MAC - Ravishing Lipstick

Ravishing is described as a peach-coral shade on the MAC website.  Today I wanted to create a very warm 'peach/apricot' that was still soft and pretty - I decided to layer ravishing on top of my favourite natural lipliner these days 'Bronzelle' by Lancome - I found this created the perfect 'your lips but better' effect.  For the look I created today I tried to find complimentary shades and work with elements of soft golds and browns:





For this look I started with my basic face - primer, foundation, concealer, bronzer - I then used Pretty your World 'Hot and Spicy' as a contour shade and mixed Navajo and make up for ever #70 (a apricot shade) to create a peach toned highlight.  I used MAC's new mineralize blush in Fresh Honey (my current favourite) and then used warm brown/bronze shades on my eyes: Soba eyeshadow with Smashbox's flamingo on the lid, Teddy liner by MAC smudged with NARS Bengali.  Finally, to create that soft salmon/peach shade, I used Bronzelle liner by Lancome with MAC's Ravishing!  I also wanted to play up these soft shades with a soft caramel toned sweater - I love this look - check it out:




5 comments:

Kathryn said...

Just beautiful! I love this!

Anonymous said...

YES, these colors look grat on you!

Anonymous said...

Yes, you look great in these colors!

Unknown said...

You look so good in ravishing lipstick! Peach tones on your lips are amazing

Renata said...

Thank you so much Dana!!! Ravishing is such an awesome warm peach - really appreciate the compliment! :)