Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Terracotta and Mocha

I was so excited to wake up this morning and put an outfit together - I wanted to wear my warm autumn shades, but also put to use all the wonderful tips I learned from Suzanne (from Your Shop Girl) - I decided to go with a terracotta top with a chocolate brown pant and boots and accessorize with a camel toned belt and gold drop earings - I got quite a few compliments at work and even got a compliment from a 'male' co-worker who said I look very put together and that he loved my makeup.  I was actually going for a natural warm golden glow look, but wanted to compliment the warmth of the terracotta without going too red for day - I decided to go with Mocha lipstick by MAC, one of my all time favouite 'holy grail' lipsticks!  Here is a photo of my 'look' today:





This is the makeup look that won me a few compliments today - I used saddle eyeshadow by MAC fom the lid into the crease, lined my eyes with Laura Mercier's Brown Copper liner and smudged the upper lashline with NARS Bengali shadow.  I then used a rust toned blush with MAC's Fresh honey as a pop of colour.  I finished off the look with MAC's Mocha lipstick!  I have to say that this True Autumn makeup (although natural and soft) has that added warmth and golden aspect that I was missing from the Soft Autumn palette - I think this is the perfect level of warmth for a day look!!!

1 comment:

Kat said...

This is a pretty look for you, Renata.