Friday, February 17, 2012

Bridal and Glam

Two weeks ago in my makeup course, we were learning about the essentials of bridal makeup and then how to transform your makeup into an amazing 'glam' look.  I love the fact that in class, we get to work on different classmates and practice the looks on them.  For this bridal and glam look I practiced on a fellow classmate 'Suzie' - she has the most amazing skin and complexion and I just had a lot of fun putting these two looks together.

Bridal:


Suzie has these awesome green eyes, which are ideal for the pink, mauve, plum and rose shades that are so pretty to use on brides.  I kept the look fresh and 'pretty', using pink inspired tones on the eyes and created definition using a darker brown liner and smudging out the edges with a similar toned shadow on the top and bottom lashes.  I mixed a mauve-pink toned blush with a tawny-pink and then added a blue toned pink highlighter to the centre of cheeks.  For the lips, I used a neutral toned lipliner with a pretty rose-pink lipstick!!!

Glam:

Creating a glam look on Suzie was a lot of fun - I got to play around with a lot of contouring, highlighting, using the 'eyeliner' as a shadow trick (i.e. using a eyeliner in the crease of the eye and smudging it out with an eyeshadow/blending brush), then using a black gel liner and shadow to create a dramatic line and finishing off the look with glam red lips:




No comments: