Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Copper/Orange Makeup Look

Since my recent colour analysis, I've been getting myself aquainted with the True Autumn palette.  I'm really loving the variety of orange based colours - true orange, orange-red, brownish-orange and copper-orange.  I was at my local drugstore today and came across a Cover Girl lipstick called 'Temptation' - it was a true orange colour with a copper undertone. I couldn't resist, I had to get it!!!  I decided to create a makeup look with copper as a theme - check it out:




For this look, I started with Pretty your World's Buddah and Goldfish blush.  I lined my lips with MAC's Chicory Lipliner and then used Cover Girl's - 'Temptation #285' lipstick (a true orange-copper shade). On my eyes I'm wearing the copper shade from cover girl's 'dazzling metallics' trio from lid to crease and then a warm brown shadow in the crease that I got in a gift set (colour reminds me of Soba by MAC).   I lined my eyes with Teddy eyeliner and smudged Galapagos eyeshadow into the upper lash line to create a smokey effect.

I'm planning on looking into various auburn/copper hair colours as well - I'm thinking that by Mid November, I may just be a red-head and then really embrace those warm, spicy copper colours!!!

No comments: