Saturday, October 29, 2011

Silent Night - NARS


I'm rediscovering everything gold and golden these days!  Since my colour analysis I've been asking myself, how far can I take these true autumn shades?  I've been looking for intense versions of the colours in my palette.  So far 'Silent Night' is the most stunning, true gold shadow that I've found.  The interesting thing is, that I haven't really been weaing it as an 'eyeshadow' per se, but rather as a gold based powder.  Today I used it as a golden powder on my face, as well as mixing it into my blush.  What I love about 'Silent Night' is that its pure gold, but the end result is 'subtle' - its not a crazy sparkly, in your face gold - its absolute perfection.  I think this shadow would also be awesome blended into a lipstick or applied with an angled brush and smudged into an eyeliner.  I've had my eye on MAC's powersurge lately and have put it on my wishlist.  Anyhow - Here is a look I played around with today after doing my 'Elegant Brown' post - the makeup is exactly the same except for the fact that I applied 'Silent Night' as a face shimmer, re-applied my blush and then added 'Silent Night' as a pop of colour, blending it well into the blush.  I think this is perfect way to take a day look into evening:




Face: Loreal W4 true match concealer, Make Up for Ever HD Foundation in #155, Silent Night applied as a wash of gold over the entire face

Eyes: Mediterranee eyeshadow duo by NARS, Galapagos in crease/outer corners. MAC's Teddy eyeliner with NARS Bengali smudged into upper Lash-line


Blush - Faces #134 blush (a russett shade) with the orange shade from the Mediterranee duo as a pop of colour and Silent Night blended as a pop of colour

Lips: Photo lipstick by MAC

No comments: